Sunday, May 16, 2010

My Favorite Summer Polish!

This year I had to find a new fingernail polish because my favorite from last summer was discontinued. Doesn't that always seem to happen? One of the biggest complaints with selling makeup is when a client's favorite lipstick is discontinued. I know it is a pain, but it is actually a good thing. It is a way to keep us updated. If I people continued to wear their favorite colors year after year, they would be quickly get stuck in a time warp.

Last summer I wore OPI's "Nantucket Mist." By the power of the internet I was able to find one more bottle of it from an online cosmetic company (I just couldn't let it go..). I found this year's color when I saw it on my friend Megan. The moment I saw it, I knew it was perfect! It is by OPI and is called "Party in my Cabana." Sometimes colors do not look the same each person, so I was excited when this color worked.

I LOVE to paint my nails. Unfortunately, since I work with food at my part time job, I am not allowed to wear polish when at work. On my day's "off" I try to paint my nails, just because it keep them from breaking. If you can learn to do your own nails, you can save a lot of money from getting manicures and pedicures. I have found that when I get my nails "done" I don't like what they look like as much as when I do them. Here are my 3 essential products for getting a professional polished look.

1.) OPI Nail Envy: It is expensive ($18), but not when you consider how much you are saving on weekly manicures. Apply one coat daily for stronger nails, also your nail polish will last longer. If you are wearing a colored polish do not apply Nail Envy under as the base coat or the colored polish will bubble.

2.) Sephora Cuticle Pusher: I found this product in when I was in high school and could not live without it! It pushes your cuticles back and also scrapes off the wet polish that gets on your skin as you paint your nails.

3.) Cuticle Clippers: I know many people do not believe in clipping cuticles, but mine are too thick to leave. Be careful not to clip to closely. I got my last pair from Sephora and they have been great. Try to find a pair with narrower blades so that you will have more control (hopefully that makes since) .

Other colors that are in my nail polish bag are: Grand Canyon Sunrise, Chapel of Love, and Baguette Me Not... (all OPI colors.)

No comments: