Monday, June 28, 2010

Moms! Your Looks Are Important Too!!

Calling all mothers....or wives with busy lives! I know you are busy, there is little time in the day. Cleaning the house, dressing the kids, running errands, work, husbands, dinner....There is not time to think about your own looks. This article will teach you otherwise. Stop and take some time for yourself, it will be helpful for you and your family.

My beautiful mother, sister and I, dressing for my wedding!

I believe mother's are the first example for children to learn the importance of personal appearance. I have always told my clients that my mother gave me a passion for beauty and personal appearance. She woke up every morning and dressed, put on her makeup and fixed her hair. As a child, I remember sitting in bed with her in the morning while she applied her makeup up...(she still puts her makeup on in bed.) In the second grade she taught me to fix my hair, in 4th grade she taught me to shave my legs, then in 5th grade she taught me to apply makeup (and also hired a Mary Kay makeup artist for my birthday to teach my friends and I what colors of makeup to wear.)

I also believe that children and husbands like to have a pretty mom. Lately, I have been lazy and on the days I don't have work or have plans, I have stayed in my grubbies and not applied my makeup. Jeffrey doesn't come out and say it directly, but he makes comments about how I don't look as nice. I realized that he likes for me to get dressed for him. Children are the same. If their mother shows up to school with bad hair, makeup and clothes, you embarrass them. In school, I had friends tell me that they wished their moms would dress nice like my mom. My husband also admits that he liked that his mom always looked nice, and it taught him to look for a wife that would cared about appearance.

This article is not to say that you should become vein and obsessed with your outer appearance, but to let you know that your looks might not be important to you, but they are important for your family. It is never too late to learn to apply your makeup. I've had many clients who were 40 and older come to learn the proper application and colors. Also, if you do not feel comfortable teaching your daughters to apply their makeup, give them the gift of a makeup lesson. I usually suggest this before entering Jr. High. The girls in junior high are VERY scary when it comes to the makeup they will experiment with and you want your daughter to be aware of the proper application and sanitation before they make many mistakes they will regret later.

No comments: